Procedures for Shadowing a Pike High School Student for Purposes of Possible Enrollment
The faculty and staff of Pike High School welcome the opportunity to provide an in-school experience for students who are considering attending Pike High School.
The purpose of shadowing is to get the flavor of what a day is like at PHS so an informed decision can be made regarding enrollment. This is not an opportunity for someone from out of town to simply visit for a day.
In order to make this a meaningful and worthwhile experience, with the least possible disruption to the classroom environment, the following policies and procedures need to be followed:
1. Shadowing is available for students who are not currently enrolled in any Pike Township school.
2. Shadowing may take place on the dates provided by the PHS Guidance Office (Please see Request Form for available dates).
3. The families must fill out the Shadowing Request Form and submit.
4. The completed form must be submitted no later than three (3) school days prior to the date requested to shadow. Last minute arrangements are not possible.
5. On the day the shadowing is to occur, the visiting student should report to the PHS Guidance Office at 7:10am to meet the host student and receive a pass with both students’ names on it. The main entrance of PHS on the north side of the building (circular drive with canopy and flag poles) provides the easiest access for dropping off and picking up students. Students will shadow for a full school day, and therefore will need to be picked up at 2:00 pm in the Guidance Office.
6. Please provide the visiting student with at least $5.00 for lunch.
Please call PHS Guidance office at (317) 387-2605 or email Tsmcpherson@pike.k12.in.us if there are any questions regarding the shadowing program.